Computer & Print Services
Computers & Laptops
Every Quincy library location has computers you can access with your library card and PIN. Library computers and laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Computers at each location designated for children up to age 12 are for the exclusive use of children and their accompanying caregivers.
- Computers in teen areas are for the use of teens only.
- Adults and teens at the Main Library have up to two hours of computer access per day.
- Children at the Main Library have up to one hour of computer access per day.
- Branch library users have up to one hour of computer access per day.
- Computers shut down 15 minutes before close.
Internet & Software
- Equipped with Microsoft Office 2007, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and a PDF reader.
- We do not store any personal data.
- When your allotted time is up or when you log out, files and data are deleted and cannot be retrieved. Please save your work to a USB drive.
- See Tech for Checkout for more information
Reference Desk staff can provide limited computer assistance.
Free wireless internet access is available to the public at all locations. Go to your device's WiFi settings, and click ThomasCranePublicLibrary.
See the Computer & Internet Use Policy for complete details about privacy and security.
Public printers are available in the Main Library.
- The first 20 pages are FREE
- For jobs over 20 pages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- $0.15/page single-sided, black & white
- $0.40/page single-sided, color
- CASH ONLY
Documents may be copied, up to 20 pages FREE, by library staff. Please bring copy jobs to the information desk on the second (top) floor.
Adams Shore & Wollaston
Self-service printing and copying is available.
- Patrons are limited to 20 pages per day
- Printing and copying is FREE
- Single-sided, black & white ONLY; NO color available
There is NO wireless printing at this time.
The Main Library provides free self-service scanning. Items can be scanned to a USB drive, email, smartphone, or Google Drive.
Adams Shore & Wollaston
Adams Shore and Wollaston provide free self-service scanning to USB drive only.
Self-service faxing is provided through the scanning station at no cost.
- Faxes can be sent to domestic numbers only.
- Faxes can be sent, but not received.
- Up to 20 pages can be faxed at a time.
Tech Available for Checkout
You can borrow a Chromebook with mouse and charger or other tech equipment for use outside of the library or at home.
Place a hold in the catalog by searching for:
What you should know:
- Only one equipment kit per person may be checked out at one time.
- Equipment will be checked out for 3 days, with no renewals.
- Overdue fees are $5.00 per day.
- A borrowing agreement must be signed at the time of your appointment.
- Must be 18 or older with a library card in good standing to request and checkout tech materials.
- Technology equipment must be picked up and returned at the Main Library (40 Washington Street).
- This service is only available at the Main Library.