Friends of the Thomas Crane Public Library
Who We Are
The Friends of the Thomas Crane Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to raising money to pay for public programs, and raising awareness of the library's vital role in the educational and cultural life of Quincy.
The Thomas Crane Library has long relied on the generosity of its volunteers and benefactors, but few libraries are able to offer its Friends the varied opportunities that exist here for making a contribution of time, money, or expertise.
What We Do
- Support for Library Programs: Proceeds from Friends membership dues and the Crane Library Bookstore fund discounted passes to area museums and zoos, as well as an array of programs—including storytellers, concerts, lectures, and movies—for children, teens, and adults.
- The Crane Library Bookstore: Almost new books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs are sold at substantial savings to the public at the Friends' volunteer-run bookstore, located on the ground floor of the Richardson building with an entrance from Spear Street, behind the Main Library.
- Friends Newsletter: Our newsletter provides information to members about Friends activities and library events.
- Friends Newsletter: As a Friend, you will receive (via mail or email) our newsletter about Friends activities and library events.
- Special Events: Members are invited to special events for Friends and their guests.
- Community Involvement: Your support as a Friend insures that the library will continue to play an important role in the life of our city.
Become a Friend
To join the Friends of the Thomas Crane Public Library, simply click the 'Join Now' button below or print a Friends Membership Form and mail your dues to:
Frequently a member of the Friends wishes to acknowledge a special occasion or honor a deceased loved one or friend. If you wish to honor someone in this manner, please print and complete a Friends Remembrance Donation Form and mail to the Friends with your donation.
Even if you are not able to volunteer your time, your membership dues help us help the Library.
If you have a question about the Friends or would like to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library office at 617-376-1300 x6.